If you’re struggling to get enough fibre in your diet, this recipe boasts around 8g per portion. That’s nearly a third of the recommended daily intake (30g) in one meal so you’ll be onto a winner. Not to mention the fact it’s totally delicious and only 200kcal per serving too.
1 x Can black eyed beans (246g)
1 x Can green lentils in water (drain)
2 x Cans Italian Chopped Tomatoes
3 x Bell Peppers (chopped into squares)
2 x Medium Courgettes (Sliced chunky)
1 x Medium Brown Onion (diced)
2 x Vegetable Stock Cubes (Oxo)
15ml Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Coriander Powder
1 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
Pinch of Salt
- Heat a frying pan with the olive oil until hot.
- Place all the chopped vegetables in the pan and stirfry for about 10-15 minutes until softened.
- Transfer from the pan into the slow cooker.
- Add the beans, lentils and tomatoes. Stir to mix up well.
- Add coriander, black pepper and the salt as desired.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours until cooked through and all vegetables are soft.
Serve piping hot and enjoy.
You could add some chicken if you wish or have it with rice or pasta. I eat mine as it comes. You can also portion and freeze it then reheat when required for an easy, nutritious lunchtime meal in the week.
For more exclusive weight loss tips and advice, join our free Facebook group.